FREE RETURN DELIVERY NZ WIDE!
Please select 'Birth pools and TENS' at checkout to receive free shipping.
POOLS ARE OFTEN BOOKED MONTHS IN ADVANCE. PLEASE BOOK EARLY.
Please contact Aquabub for availability.
The standard hire period for all pools is 5 weeks. The pool will be delivered to your address when you reach 37 weeks of pregnancy, and will be due for return within 2 weeks after your expected due date. Please contact Aquabub if your baby is a little later than expected.
Hire price is inclusive of:
- 5 weeks pool and kit hire (see kit contents below)
- $50 refundable bond (see terms and conditions)
- Gisborne – Price includes free pick up from Aquabub.
- New Zealand wide customers – Price includes all courier costs (delivery to your address, pick up from your address, and return shipping to Aquabub) in all areas of New Zealand.
Included in your birth pool kit:
- 1 x Birth Pool in a Box Regular.
- 1 x Generic pool liner (BPA free / non-toxic).
- 1 x Electric air pump.
- 1 x Tap adaptor for kitchen / bathroom tap.
- 1 x Tap adaptor for laundry taps.
- 1 x 5 Meter length of hose to fill the pool.
- 1 x Hose adaptor should you need extra hose.
- 1 x Puncture repair kit.
- Full instructions for use.
- Return shipping sticker and instructions.
- Extra lengths of hose can be arranged if needed.
Birth Pool in a Box Design.
- Birth Pool In A Box is designed with safety, practicality, comfort and resilience in mind.
- BPA free pool and liner.
- Regular and Professional sized pools are 58cm deep to provide maximum buoyancy. Mini sized pools are 55cm deep.
- Ergonomically placed handles (top and outer surface of pool).
- Three independent chambers. The height of the pool can be adjusted by letting some air out of the middle chamber.
- Opaque walls for maximum privacy.
- The egg shape provides a narrower 'cocoon' at one end of the pool and more space at the wider end of the pool.
- Quick and easy to inflate and deflate (10 minutes maximum with the provided air pump).
- Fill time will depend on water pressure. The Professional and Regular sized pools have a volume equivalent to approximately 4 bath tubs full of water, and take approximately 45 - 60 min to fill. The Mini sized pools will take approximately 30 - 45 min to fill.
- Professional and Regular sized pools can comfortably accommodate the labouring woman and her partner if he / she chooses to get in the pool.
- Mini sized pools are best suited to accommodate the labouring woman only, however can accommodate her partner if both are of smaller build.
Please see Aquabub's birth pool comparison chart for a full list of specifications.