PLEASE BOOK EARLY AS POOLS ARE OFTEN BOOKED MONTHS IN ADVANCE
The standard hire period for all pools is 5 weeks. The pool will be delivered to your address when you reach 37 weeks of pregnancy, and will be due for return within 2 weeks after your expected due date.
A $50 non-refundable booking fee is included in the total hire price.
Included in your birth pool kit:
- 1 x Birth Pool in a Box Mini.
- 1 x Generic pool liner (BPA free / non-toxic / food grade).
- 1 x Electric air pump.
- 1 x Tap adaptor for kitchen / bathroom tap.
- 1 x Tap adaptor for laundry taps.
- 1 x 5 Meter length of hose to fill the pool (drinking water quality).
- 1 x Hose adaptor should you need extra hose.
- 1 x Puncture repair kit.
- Full instructions for use.
- Return shipping instructions (return shipping costs are included in the hire price)
- Extra lengths of hose can be arranged if needed.
Birth Pool in a Box Design.
- Birth Pool In A Box is designed with safety, practicality, comfort and resilience in mind.
- BPA free pool and liner.
- Regular and Professional sized pools are 58cm deep to provide maximum buoyancy. Mini sized pools are 55cm deep.
- Ergonomically placed handles (top and outer surface of pool).
- Three independent chambers. The height of the pool can be adjusted by letting some air out of the middle chamber.
- Opaque walls for maximum privacy.
- The egg shape provides a narrower 'cocoon' at one end of the pool and more space at the wider end of the pool.
- Quick and easy to inflate and deflate (10 minutes maximum with the provided air pump).
- Fill time will depend on water pressure. The Professional and Regular sized pools have a volume equivalent to approximately 4 bath tubs full of water, and take approximately 45 - 60 min to fill. The Mini sized pools will take approximately 30 - 45 min to fill.
- Professional and Regular sized pools can comfortably accommodate the labouring woman and her partner if he / she chooses to get in the pool.
- Mini sized pools are best suited to accommodate the labouring woman only, however can accommodate her partner if both are of smaller build.
Please see Aquabub's birth pool comparison chart for a full list of specifications.